THE TBO PROJECT:
A PROGRAM FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF INTEGRATED ASTRONOMY SERVICES.
EIE promotes an international cooperation through a brainstorming methodology (cross-fertilization), which aims at gathering new innovative ideas, centred on the concept of the Technology Transfer to design, develop and operate Telescopes, Radio-Telescopes, Observatories and Instrumentation.
Most emerging Nations worldwide have an interest in developing National Astronomy Programs, despite the little experience in the field.
The TBO (The Best of) project aims at:
• Supporting the education of young astronomers and engineers and teach them how to make science with 2÷4m class telescopes and radio-telescopes;
• Developing observatory sites for specific scientific studies;
• Supporting a new class of technical specialists and engineers who will have the full responsibility of the entire observatory;
• Promoting processes of integration between Research Institutes, Universities and Industries.
• Increasing technology and manufacturing knowhow to enhance the production system.
• Educate young researchers and engineers for future jobs and opportunities in the scientific field.
• Innovate the international cooperation processes through new scientific and industrial ideas.
• Guarantee and enhance the scientific and industrial know how, adding value to intellectual property.